Friday 2 October 2015

Wedding Fun

*** Before you read I apologise for all the watermarks I don't want to risk my pictures being used anywhere else. 

Hi lovelies,

How is everyone? I'm exhausted after a wonderful weekend of Wedding celebrations with fabulous people. 

We were so lucky with the weather absolutely fabulous. 


got a lot of questions about my dress on the day and on social media. 
I'm currently doing a weight loss programme called Motivation. I mean I don't have loads to lose but for the future and just for myself to feel confident in what I wear so I waited until I reached a certain weight to start looking for dresses. Now this was mission impossible. I looked high and low in cork city and personally I couldn't find anything. There were a lot of summer sales and it was an awkward time of season. So I popped into Sheenas Boutique on Oliver Plunett street and I grabbed some dresses and tried them. 

They were fab but I wasn't 100%. One of the girls working there, I didn't catch her name, but she talked to me after I tried on a hand full of dresses. She lifted up a Joseph Ripkoff dress and mentioned it was beautiful on. I instantly fell in love. The lace detailing was stunning, the shape of the dress was so slimming and you can't go wrong with a little black dress. This will be a dress I will use forever. All I have to do is change up the shoe to suit the occasion or season. 
                             

I paired the dress with pointed nude heels and clutch that picked up the colours of the shoes. Both from New Look. I only ever get my heels or shoes from New Look. 
                              

For my hair, I went with an ups tyke to show off the back of the dress. Now I don't usually do an upstyle as I did ballet when I was younger so I loved the dance and everything but when my hair was put in a bun I felt it didn't suit my face at all just a personally thing I felt my face looked huge. I stayed clear of upstyles unless of course I was doing dance. So I popped into my usually Peter Marks in Winthrop street. I usually go to Marie but Lisa was there from 8.30 onwards so I was in her capable and talented company. She took any worries I had of doing an upstyle and it was absolutely stunning loose up-style. Peter Marks on Winthrop Street is an amazing salon and I would recommend this spot for anyone looking for a colour, balyage, cut as you would be in amazing hands. 
                              
 

My make-up was done by the fabulous MUA Emma Murray - who also did my 21st make up in June. I just wanted a dewy full coverage as I wanted it to last for the whole day. I had a smoked out coppery/orange eye. I bought myself MAC Snob as a treat and I teamed that with Rimmel East End Snob.
                        

I also got myself a spray tan from Fifth Avenue in Oliver Plunett street. They use the brand He-Shi so you are guaranteed a fabulous tan. I've got it done there before and you are reassured of any worries of turning orange. 

The following day we had a BBQ. I did my own makeup this time around. 

Product List: 
Base: No 7 Skin Illuminator & Lancôme Teint Miracle 
Setting powder: Rimmel Stay Matte
Cheeks: W7 Candy blush Galactic 
bronzer: Mememe Flawless concealer
Highlighter: Essence Cinderella 
Eyeshadow Base: Urban Decay primer potion
Eyeshadow: Pippa Palette Tobi & Dodo mixed with two matte colours pink/purple colours from W7 In the Nude 
Eyeliner: Lancôme pencil
Eyebrows: MAC pencil 
Lashes: Penneys individual & DUO glue 
Setting spray: NYX dewy finish 
Lipliner: Rimmel East End Snob
Lipstick: MAC Snob
   

My top and skirt are both from Dunnes. I literally picked the skirt up before the weekend but the top is last season. My shoes are from New Look - you can probably see a trend. I 100% recommend new look shoes and heels they're fabulous and very affordable. My necklace is from Penneys. I also had a clutch bag from Penneys the same colour as the shoes and necklace. I love the coordination. 


Hope you enjoyed this little blog. 

Until next time fab things,

A x



No comments:

Post a Comment